Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari not working anymore

MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013

macOS 10.14.6

Hi,

today i wanted to use Safari to do my normal everyday work stuff.

As of today Safari is not working correctly anymore.

When i try to open "google.com" i just get a spinning circle in a window. Not the beachball to be clear.

I will attach a picture of that spining ball. The circle just spins forever. Waited at least one hour for it to change/go away but nothing happend.

When i try to search the web using the adress bar, no matter what i search for, Safari always states "Safari can't connect to the server.

No matter which other site i visit (e.g. wikipedia, apple.com etc.) the adress bar always states:

"https://www.google.com/?client=safari"

It´s super weird and nearly unusable.

I changed the search engine in Safari to DuckDuckGo and everything works fine but i want to be able to use google again.

A restart didnt help.

Out of ideas would really appreciate some help from you.

Kind regards

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 10:49 AM

Safari can’t open a website.    

Safari – slow page loads.       

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues.   

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing.    

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

You can also try Google Support.

Google Support.    

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 10:49 AM in response to TheObserver88

Safari can’t open a website.    

Safari – slow page loads.       

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues.   

Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing.    

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin.    

Etrecheck – System Information.      

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

You can also try Google Support.

Google Support.    

Jun 12, 2020 4:28 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply.

I just created another user and everything worked fine in that new user account.

After that i booted in Safe Mode.

In Safe Mode it also worked without any complications.

After booting normally again everything seem to work fine again in my normal user account.

So i guess that fixed my problem.

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards!

Safari not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.