Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it normal my macbook air gets slight hot in the upper left part in normal browsing and usage?

is it normal my macbook air gets slight hot in the upper left part in normal browsing and usage?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 10:43 AM

Warm or even hot may be ok, but if it's so hot you're concerned something is wrong you might want to have that Mac evaluated: Contact Support. No exterior surface should ever become so hot it becomes painful to touch or even hold for a prolonged period of time.

If your Mac has a MagSafe power port, read Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters. Periodic inspection and cleaning is a requirement: Step 8.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 10:43 AM in response to kunal8

Warm or even hot may be ok, but if it's so hot you're concerned something is wrong you might want to have that Mac evaluated: Contact Support. No exterior surface should ever become so hot it becomes painful to touch or even hold for a prolonged period of time.

If your Mac has a MagSafe power port, read Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters. Periodic inspection and cleaning is a requirement: Step 8.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.