Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to Appl TV App with my ID details - could this be to do with 2 Factor Authorisation that I have

Does anyone know if having 2-Factor Authorisation with my Apple ID, stops the Apple TV App from allowing me to Login?

Thanks, :)

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 6:56 PM

If you have two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, and an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then you may need to sign in using an adjusted procedure: Type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

There is also a time limit before the code expires, so it is best to first enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password, and then submit.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2020 6:56 PM in response to peaches1001

If you have two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, and an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), then you may need to sign in using an adjusted procedure: Type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

There is also a time limit before the code expires, so it is best to first enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password, and then submit.

Jun 13, 2020 11:27 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hello everyone,

Thank you for supplying some answers.

I have the Apple App on my Amazon TV Fire Stick. I confirmed online that I could use Apple TV on this.

The Apple App downloads ok & it allows for me to enter my email & ID but it just states that the password is wrong.

If I login in to my iPad or online to my Apple Account, it does ask for the 2-factor Authorisation, as well as the email & password. Hence my original question.

I will try the suggestion of entering my passcode as well.

Will come back asap if it doesn't work. :)

Jun 13, 2020 11:58 AM in response to peaches1001

Hello again,

Well, this time when I entered the Login details & the passcode it didn't work, when I put them both together. S I thought I would just try the ID details on there own one more time. This time, however, it brought up the option to enter a passcode, which it sent to my iPad. I used that and I got logged in OK.

So thank you for the suggestion, it worked.

But I have another query, which is quite concerning.

When I opened my iPad just now to get the 2-factor authorisation code for the TV App, (which I had closed down by using the top switch a day ago), it told me to swipe up from the bottom & everything opened without needing to login. This is very worrying. Why didn't it ask for my login details? Then after it had closed itself after 2 minutes, when I next swiped up from the bottom, it asked for my login details. How could this happen?

Does anyone have any ideas why sometimes it asks for ID & other times it doesn't? Does it mean this iPad (brand new 4th Generation) is faulty? I've tried to replicate this again but every time I do it & swipe, it brings up the keypad. Yet the first time I opened it after 1 day, when I swiped up all the icons became visible & I could use them.

Thanks.

p.s. I've just done the same thing again. It was off for longer than the 2 minutes it's set to for locking it, and when I clicked he top button, the padlock automatically opened and i could access everything.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Cannot login to Appl TV App with my ID details - could this be to do with 2 Factor Authorisation that I have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.