Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 not staying on facetime all night?

i do a challenge with my friends where occasionally i stay on facetime with them for as long as possible. i usually fall asleep around 1am to 2am, and my phone ALWAYS hangs up around 4am to 5am. it keeps happening whenever i try. i shut off my phone but stay on facetime, but it always hangs up. please help!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 5:16 PM

Hello hazelnut9595,

I understand FaceTime is being disconnected after being idle for a certain amount of time. I'd like to give you some information about this.

Technically FaceTime calls are designed to stay connected until one of the people on the call actively ends it. There is no set amount of time that a FaceTime call will end on its own, and there is no setting to enable or disable something like this. It's possible either you one of your friends could be accidentally ending the call. It's also possible the call was ended due to a poor internet connection or a dropped internet connection.

Here's more info on using Group FaceTime: Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 5:16 PM in response to hazelnut9595

Hello hazelnut9595,

I understand FaceTime is being disconnected after being idle for a certain amount of time. I'd like to give you some information about this.

Technically FaceTime calls are designed to stay connected until one of the people on the call actively ends it. There is no set amount of time that a FaceTime call will end on its own, and there is no setting to enable or disable something like this. It's possible either you one of your friends could be accidentally ending the call. It's also possible the call was ended due to a poor internet connection or a dropped internet connection.

Here's more info on using Group FaceTime: Use Group FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

iphone 11 not staying on facetime all night?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.