Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes error (69) not (-69) when restoring/updating iPhone.

Hello, I've tried updating and restoring my iPhone to iOS 13.5.1 and everything time its about to complete the process, I get iTunes error (69). I can't find anything related to this error just posts about error (-69) but not just error (69). Any solutions? its on an iPhone 11 Pro that has iOS 13.5 and its stuck in the recovery screen. Also its still under Apple 1 year warranty, will this be a free fix or a paid service fix.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 1:42 PM

joelramirez55 wrote:

I can't find anything related to this error just posts about error (-69) but not just error (69).

These are basically the same error. The Error 69 link here takes you to the Error -69 writeup.

Find an iTunes or the Finder error code - Apple Support

The likely cause is third party (security) software, as described in the Error -69 writeup.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2020 1:42 PM in response to joelramirez55

joelramirez55 wrote:

I can't find anything related to this error just posts about error (-69) but not just error (69).

These are basically the same error. The Error 69 link here takes you to the Error -69 writeup.

Find an iTunes or the Finder error code - Apple Support

The likely cause is third party (security) software, as described in the Error -69 writeup.

iTunes error (69) not (-69) when restoring/updating iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.