Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Photos syncing or uploading

My iMac will not sync photos from iCloud. I have a 400 gb photos library and I pay iCloud for the updated storage. Everything was working great until about 3 months ago, when my iMac stopped updating photos that we taken on my iPhone. I have tried to uncheck the Photos checkbox in iCloud but now iMac gets stuck Uploading (currently at 17,369 items for the past 3 days). I don't want to restart this process again because I've done that so many times.

I've tried that unchecking Photos several times over the past 3 months; it never completes the upload. I also have tried creating a new Photos library per the Apple support document to ensure Photos is working correctly (it is).

Photos appears to be working correctly on my iPad and iPhone. I have a very fast internet connection, 280 upload, 800 download.

Anything else I can try?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 4:06 PM

Thank you. I did reach out to Apple support. They determined I have a corrupted Photos library. I created a new library and set it as default using the preferences in Photos. Photos all downloaded in a day or so. I'm letting the system continue its processing in the memories tab before I determine if it is safe to delete my corrupted library, but I'm 95% sure everything is good.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 4:06 PM in response to Teddy_B

Thank you. I did reach out to Apple support. They determined I have a corrupted Photos library. I created a new library and set it as default using the preferences in Photos. Photos all downloaded in a day or so. I'm letting the system continue its processing in the memories tab before I determine if it is safe to delete my corrupted library, but I'm 95% sure everything is good.

Jun 17, 2020 6:47 AM in response to bzargarcia

Hello bzargarcia,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that you cannot sync your photos to iCloud from your Mac. I can certainly help you with this!

I would start by checking to see whether you have enough free iCloud storage or not: Manage iCloud storage on Mac

If you do have enough free space, I would reach out to Apple Support.

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

iMac Photos syncing or uploading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.