Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos not syncing to Mac

I have iCloud Photos activated on all my devices. 5 days ago iCloud photos stopped syncing with my MacBook Pro. iPad and iPhone syncing fine. Have restarted all devices, force quit Photos on Mac. But still will not sync. Some advise deactivating iCloud photos on the Mac and restarting. When I start that process I am prompted to "download" or "remove from Mac" before proceeding. If I select download, the number of photos it says it will download is not the same as what appears in my photo library. Am I risking loosing photos if I turn off iCloud photos on this one device? Do I really need to download over 5K photos? Any other advice about getting Mac to sync to iCloud photos?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 21, 2022 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

May 21, 2022 9:09 PM in response to Pamela Madaio

"iCloud photos not syncing to Mac: [...]Some advise deactivating iCloud photos on the Mac and restarting. When I start that process I am prompted to 'download' or 'remove from Mac' before proceeding. If I select download, the number of photos it says it will download is not the same as what appears in my photo library.[...]"

-------

Download All of iCloud:

Rather than pay money, save a few and download it directly. Use my user tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

iCloud photos not syncing to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.