Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with BT connection - MacBook Pro Early 2017 and Bose Soundlink Mini II

When I try to pair my Bose Soundlink Mini II (software version - latest - Version 1.1.4) with a 15" MacBook Pro Early 2017 it connects briefly and then disconnects.

It pairs perfectly with my iPhone7, another iPhone7, my iPad Air3, and my 13" MacBook Pro (early 2015) and a Mac mini (2018). All the Macs are running Mojave 10.14.6 with latest updates.

The 15" MacBook Pro happily pairs with two other Sony Bluetooth speakers.

I have reset the speaker; reset PRAM and SMC on the MacBook Pro, checked for Bose software updates ... in short everything recommend by Bose on their support forums, but still no cigar.

Anyone else had this issue and solved it? Any suggestions welcome!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 5:46 PM

I found the solution. You need to download Bluetooth Explorer and <Reset audio defaults>. This allowed both devices to pair, remain connected and work!

I got the solution via this page showing how to get BT devices to connect using APTX/AAC if they are compatible: https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/31/mac-how-to-force-aptx-aac-on-your-supported-bluetooth-headphones/

Link to latest additional tools package at time of posting: Additional Tools for Xcode 11.4.dmg

NOTE that the Bose Soundlink Mini II speakers and AE2 Soundlink headphones, DO NOT support AAC or APTX. A number of posts to their forums ask this questions and mods claim that support AAC. They do not. Indeed someone spotted a post on Amazon.com in which a Bose representatives states they do not.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 5:46 PM in response to Thunderclutch

I found the solution. You need to download Bluetooth Explorer and <Reset audio defaults>. This allowed both devices to pair, remain connected and work!

I got the solution via this page showing how to get BT devices to connect using APTX/AAC if they are compatible: https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/31/mac-how-to-force-aptx-aac-on-your-supported-bluetooth-headphones/

Link to latest additional tools package at time of posting: Additional Tools for Xcode 11.4.dmg

NOTE that the Bose Soundlink Mini II speakers and AE2 Soundlink headphones, DO NOT support AAC or APTX. A number of posts to their forums ask this questions and mods claim that support AAC. They do not. Indeed someone spotted a post on Amazon.com in which a Bose representatives states they do not.

Issues with BT connection - MacBook Pro Early 2017 and Bose Soundlink Mini II

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.