Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Reset Apple Watch

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Apple Watch.

My phone prompted me that there was an update for the watch, but the phone was stuck on 'Checking For Update'. It was like this for several days, and the only option was to cancel which then unpaired the Apple Watch.

I've tried to reset the Apple Watch via General > Reset, but this doesn't do anything.

I have also tried to reset on the Power Off screen and holding down the screen to bring up the alternative Erase option, but it never appears. I've tried for 5-10 seconds, I've tried for longer. It is registering my hard push but nothing ever happens. I've tried it connected to power and disconnected. Neither work.

In iCloud it says the Watch is Offline, yet it is connected to WiFi. I can see updated weather, messages on my phone (which came after the iPhone unpaired itself from the watch). I've set iCloud to reset the watch when it is next connected but I haven't removed it from my iCloud account. It hasn't been reset.

The watch isn't worth sending to Apple to be fixed as that will cost £200. I'm not sure what to do? It shouldn't be this difficult to reset a watch!

Thanks,

Mel.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:41 AM

Try this;

Similar questions

3 replies

Cannot Reset Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.