Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rented movie will not play

My internet is not great, and I need to download things to watch them. Most downloads play in Apple TV but some, including the last 2 rentals, will not. I get a message that I am not authorized to watch or movie is unavailable. Have tried rebooting everything. Have tried deleting and downloading again. Still not working. Can anyone help?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 1:21 PM

Are you sure the rental is still available under the time frame it gave you to start watching? Once you’ve clicked play the countdown begins, it will then expire. It’s usually 30 days and 48 hrs once you’ve clicked play - this can depend on your region.

Try signing out then sign back in. Or look for it in the iTunes Store in iTunes app, or movies app on an Apple TV Set Box, see if there’s a play button , look in purchases also.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 1:21 PM in response to Pandemic-sad

Are you sure the rental is still available under the time frame it gave you to start watching? Once you’ve clicked play the countdown begins, it will then expire. It’s usually 30 days and 48 hrs once you’ve clicked play - this can depend on your region.

Try signing out then sign back in. Or look for it in the iTunes Store in iTunes app, or movies app on an Apple TV Set Box, see if there’s a play button , look in purchases also.

rented movie will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.