Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone is disabled connect to Itunes WITHOUT loosing ANY DATA ON THE IPHONE

My iPhone says it's disabled and connect to itunes even if the passcode I was entering was 100% right, but it said it was wrong. I want to remove the disabled screen but not loose any of my data on my phone (apps, contacts, etc.)

I checked to see If any information was backed up, and some pictures are, but there still are some pictures and no contacts that are not on the iCloud. Additionally, I have some important information on several apps that cannot be recovered if I enter my username, or whatever the app requires, on a different device. Do I press update on my computer to remove this problem without loosing any data? I have read many articles and watched numerous videos, but I am still having difficulty. Some articles said to install a lock remover on my computer to remove the code from my Iphone, which requires me to pay. Also, some articles said to restore the device and put it into DFU mode, but I believe that that will erase my device. Lastly, one article said to try and hack the device using a PC computer, but that is just out of thought and out of question.

I understand that my iPhone 6s is programmed where it is very difficult to bypass the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes, (without loosing any data) but I hope that there is a way to do so without loosing my data on my phone.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 12:05 PM

lynawais wrote:

My iPhone says it's disabled and connect to itunes even if the passcode I was entering was 100% right, but it said it was wrong. I want to remove the disabled screen but not loose any of my data on my phone

If you don't have a current backup, that's not going to happen.

3 replies

Jun 14, 2020 12:21 PM in response to lynawais

I understand that my iPhone 6s is programmed where it is very difficult to bypass the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes, (without loosing any data) but I hope that there is a way to do so without loosing my data on my phone.

Actually impossible. The step of resetting the phone erases the encryption key which renders the data unusable.

So technically the data may still "be there" but not in any way to be accessible. It is not recoverable.

Iphone is disabled connect to Itunes WITHOUT loosing ANY DATA ON THE IPHONE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.