Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to send email from MacBook Air

Hello, I have a macbook Air w/ Catalina that will not send or receive email. It appears to think I should sign in w/ a password on an account I deleted two years ago.

Oddly, I am able to receive and send from other Apple devices.

Friday I spent a few hours on this problem updating from Mojave to Catalina, but the email still does not send.

I'm fearful of deleting my accounts on this device since I'm unsure if it will mess up my other devices...

Can anyone help?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:26 PM

Refer to If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support.

If that does not help, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 8:26 PM in response to cherjan

Refer to If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support.

If that does not help, the easiest way to fix it might be to delete the account from System Preferences > Internet Accounts. Then, add it again using that same Preference pane. Those instructions are provided in Set up Mail with email accounts - Apple Support.

unable to send email from MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.