Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro or MacBook Air?

Hi there, I’m going to uni in September. I will be a business and enterprise with education student. I am wondering whether to buy the iPad Pro 2020 11” or to opt for an older MacBook Air like the 2017 version. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 7:45 PM

Hello,

The biggest difference is the available software. iPad Pro is a fantastic computer however it cannot run traditional desktop Macintosh application. This being said developers are starting to produce professional iPad applications. I can only assume that the catalog of professional applications will only increase with time. I personally use an iPad Pro as my main computer I do not have any complaints.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2020 7:45 PM in response to Jesshill2345

Hello,

The biggest difference is the available software. iPad Pro is a fantastic computer however it cannot run traditional desktop Macintosh application. This being said developers are starting to produce professional iPad applications. I can only assume that the catalog of professional applications will only increase with time. I personally use an iPad Pro as my main computer I do not have any complaints.

IPad Pro or MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.