Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is 61w adaptor powerful enough for 2019 13 inch Macbook Pro?

One would think it should be powerful enough for 13 inch MacBook Pro since Apple supplies it in the box, but while observing "Charge Remaining (mAh)" in Power section of System Information, I notice this figure would steadily and slowly drop under light to no load while AC is plugged in (System Information shows Fully Charged: Yes and Charging: No).

This figure does remain at a constant value if I use a 87W adaptor. I am not sure why this is the case. It makes me feel somehow the 61W adaptor is not powerful for this 13 inch MacBook Pro...

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 11:19 AM

From: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

"You can use a compatible higher wattage power adapter without issue, but it won't make your computer charge faster or operate differently. If you use a power adapter that is lower in wattage than the adapter that came with your Mac, it won't provide enough power to your computer."

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 11:19 AM in response to Rusty5390

From: Find the right power adapter and cable for your Mac notebook - Apple Support

"You can use a compatible higher wattage power adapter without issue, but it won't make your computer charge faster or operate differently. If you use a power adapter that is lower in wattage than the adapter that came with your Mac, it won't provide enough power to your computer."

Is 61w adaptor powerful enough for 2019 13 inch Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.