Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm not the first owner of the device but I cant get in touch with the previous owner. there's isn't another way to go pass activation lock has my device been updated and i cant get into my device

i'm not the first owner of the device but I cant get in touch with the previous owner. is there another way to go pass activation lock has my device been updated and i cant get into it

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 11:44 AM

Unless you know the Apple Id and password its expecting no, there is no way to bypass it.

If you have bveen using this iPad, it would stand to reason it should have your own Apple ID on it, and not the last owner's, unless you started using it without verifying if the previous owner correctly signed out of their Apple Id and wiped it clean and thehn you sset it up from scratch and signed in with your own Apple ID to iCloud.

If you don't know what Apple Id its expecting, then, there is no way to bypass it. Activation Lock is an anti theft mechanism and apple made so it cannot be bypassed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 11:44 AM in response to kemba65

Unless you know the Apple Id and password its expecting no, there is no way to bypass it.

If you have bveen using this iPad, it would stand to reason it should have your own Apple ID on it, and not the last owner's, unless you started using it without verifying if the previous owner correctly signed out of their Apple Id and wiped it clean and thehn you sset it up from scratch and signed in with your own Apple ID to iCloud.

If you don't know what Apple Id its expecting, then, there is no way to bypass it. Activation Lock is an anti theft mechanism and apple made so it cannot be bypassed.

i'm not the first owner of the device but I cant get in touch with the previous owner. there's isn't another way to go pass activation lock has my device been updated and i cant get into my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.