Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up the TV provider from my child’s account?

I’m trying to set up the Disney Now app on my son’s phone. It requires a TV provider sign in but the setting is grayed out on his phone and I can’t log in. I tried doing it through my phone is the shared family but was unsuccessful.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 11:35 AM

Silly me, I had his settings to where I was unable to change them on his phone. I had to go in through my parent settings to allow me to change it on his phone and then I changed it back to where he couldn’t mess with it. Thank you so much for your help!!

4 replies

Jun 18, 2020 11:22 AM in response to ZoozeeVee

Hi ZoozeeVee,

Thanks for your post! I understand you are unable to set up DisneyNOW because it is asking for a TV provider which you cannot enable. First, I suggest you restart your son's iPhone.

Restart your iPhone

If you haven't already, refer here:

Sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

DisneyNOW states "You can't sign in to your TV provider if your browser is in incognito/private mode."

If your son's iPhone is using private browsing, try turning it off:

Turn Private Browsing on or off on your iPhone or iPod touch

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Jun 24, 2020 11:28 PM in response to amyaz

This was my exact problem!

1. Go to settings
  2. select screen time
  3. select the child you need to do the TV provider for
  4. Select content and privacy restrictions
  5. Change “TV provider” to allow

you should be able to close all programs on the child’s device and then reopen the settings on said child’s device and set up the Tv provider at this point.

I hope this helps!!

How do I set up the TV provider from my child’s account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.