Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my daughter see our Apple TV+ subscription on her device?

I have the full Apple Subscription (TV+, Music, Arcade, Fitness etc) with family sharing. I have my daughter set up to share my subscriptions however, she cannot get Apple TV+ to recognize our subscription. She logs in under her Apple ID (which is the same one I have in our Family Sharing set-up) but it keeps trying to get her to sign up for a subscription. When she logs in with my ID it works- but not with her ID. The Music sharing works but not TV+. What can we do?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on May 12, 2021 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 5:16 PM

Ok.

• For macOS Catalina 10.15 or later: Separately from signing in to the Mac, she should also sign in to the TV app (menu Account) on the Mac. Then the Apple TV+ subscription should be recognized. Her same Apple ID account should be used as for the Family Sharing group setup.
  • For macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier: As there is no TV app, the remaining choice is to sign in for the website tv.apple.com. Her same Apple ID account should be used as for the Family Sharing group setup.

She should then be able to have access through her own account. If she did as intended for Family Sharing, and if it still doesn’t work, then she should contact Apple Support for assistance. The staff may be able to see why something doesn’t work account-wise.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2021 5:16 PM in response to lmmicheals

Ok.

• For macOS Catalina 10.15 or later: Separately from signing in to the Mac, she should also sign in to the TV app (menu Account) on the Mac. Then the Apple TV+ subscription should be recognized. Her same Apple ID account should be used as for the Family Sharing group setup.
  • For macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier: As there is no TV app, the remaining choice is to sign in for the website tv.apple.com. Her same Apple ID account should be used as for the Family Sharing group setup.

She should then be able to have access through her own account. If she did as intended for Family Sharing, and if it still doesn’t work, then she should contact Apple Support for assistance. The staff may be able to see why something doesn’t work account-wise.

Why can't my daughter see our Apple TV+ subscription on her device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.