Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Subscription vs Purchase on iTunes

Hi everyone. Could someone explain why I need Apple Music on my iPhone, when I'm using iTunes everywhere else? (two laptops, three iPods, and an iPad?) I couldn't even find iTunes on my phone...Music seemed to be the only option. Am paying monthly subscription....AND have already paid for a whole bunch of songs, already in my iTunes library....pretty good gig, I get it. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 7:01 PM

With an Apple Music subscription you essentially get access to Apple's entire music library. The "catch" is that you LEASE that music to play on any Apple approved device for as long as you subscribe (you cannot burn that music to a CD, for example). If and when you cancel your subscription,. all that music goes away. You can still PURCHASE music from the iTunes Store (with or without an Apple Music subscription) in which case you own that music and can do whatever you want with it (within copyright limitations) for as long as you like.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2020 7:01 PM in response to Brettjmav

With an Apple Music subscription you essentially get access to Apple's entire music library. The "catch" is that you LEASE that music to play on any Apple approved device for as long as you subscribe (you cannot burn that music to a CD, for example). If and when you cancel your subscription,. all that music goes away. You can still PURCHASE music from the iTunes Store (with or without an Apple Music subscription) in which case you own that music and can do whatever you want with it (within copyright limitations) for as long as you like.

Apple Music Subscription vs Purchase on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.