Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV keeps crashing

I have an Apple TV (I believe its 1st generation) that keeps crashing when I want to watch Netflix. It used to do it once in a while and not with every show. Now it does it with every show/movie I try to watch.

I checked and the system is up to date. And I'm not using wifi but a cable connection.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:22 AM

The Apple TV (1st generation) never had Netflix. Netflix is supported on Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If a restart of the device doesn’t improve the situation, then consider a reset.

How to restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Overheating can cause electronics to shut down. Try to keep it cool and ventilated.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2020 11:22 AM in response to dosveinte_lac

The Apple TV (1st generation) never had Netflix. Netflix is supported on Apple TV (2nd generation or later).

Use Netflix on your Apple TV - Netflix Help Center

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If a restart of the device doesn’t improve the situation, then consider a reset.

How to restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Overheating can cause electronics to shut down. Try to keep it cool and ventilated.

Jun 16, 2020 2:52 PM in response to dosveinte_lac

dosveinte_lac Said:

"I will try the reset, bucause the device probably is not overheating (it's on top of a countertop that doesn't block air from flowing)."

-------

Avoid Heat Accumulation:

Countertops will accumulate heat, but not as fast as placing it in an enclosed location (i.e. the corner of the room or in a closet). So, place it atop a laptop cooler powered off of the wall socket, and place it in an open location.

Apple TV keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.