Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows unable to preview songs (get popup for Apple Music trial).

I buy logs of individual songs in itunes after previewing them, usually from my iphone. However, I wish to preview then purchase songs via iTunes on Windows as well (iTunes 12.10.7.3 on Windows 10 64-bit).

I have the latest update to iTunes app on windows. However, whenever I click the little play icon next to a song in itunes to get preview, I now instead get a popup window advertising a try and buy plan (3 months free then $9.99/month) for Apple Music. There is no way to turn off this popup...if I try to preview 10 songs, I get the popup 10 times. Only option is to exit the popup...no option to hear a song preview.

Has Apple thus disabled ability to preview music on windows without buying Apple Music subscription?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 11:09 AM

Nevermind...I found the issue.

In iTunes, if selector at top of screen is on "Browse" which can search/find songs in store...you cannot use it to preview.

If I instead move selector to Store and do the same search, preview now works.

1 reply

iTunes on Windows unable to preview songs (get popup for Apple Music trial).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.