Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.5.1 WiFi disconnect issues

After updating to ios 13.5.1 last night (6/15), my iPad does not connect wifi at all. My updated iPhone connects with wifi. Ipad says the password is incorrect. However, it is absolutely correct because I'm using this password for iPhone. How should I fix it?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 12:33 PM

58 replies

Jul 31, 2020 9:35 AM in response to GSPA72

My iPhone X stopped connecting to the WiFi about 4 days after updating to iOS 13.5.1

Have tried rebooting the router, the phone EVERYTHING. Went to a friend to try and log into his internet - NO GO.

Here's the weird thing:

1. The iPhone X does recognize my network and there's a check mark next to it (V) - but there's NO connection
  2. I have an iPhone 8 from work, my old iPhone 5s and...my VERY old iPhone 4s - they are ALL happily connected to the WiFi network.
  3. When I turn off the iPhone X WiFi and then turn that button back ON - the ((( connect sign appears for a split second and then disappears!
  4. Is Apple working on a fix for this??

Jun 18, 2020 9:17 PM in response to Elijahleke

My iPhone is 6s plus and iPad Pro is the latest.

This is what I’ve done for this issue:

(1) Resetting everything including iPhone, iPad, and the router.

(2) After resetting the router, besides of my router’s network name, a new network name came out on IPad Pro’s WiFi setting, whereas I didn’t make any change in the router setting: the network name of my router plus 5G”.

(3) When I picked this new network name, iPad Pro connected to the WiFi.

Jun 25, 2020 3:28 AM in response to Dryelnoc

I upgraded to IOS 13.5.1 on my iphone 8.

My phone can no longer locate WiFi. The wifi option is grey'd out and does not event allow me to slide it to turn it on. My phone now crashes at least 20 times a Day.

Resetting and restoring my phone does not resolve the issue either.

I REGRET so much upgrading. My phone is now useless :-(

Jun 25, 2020 9:49 PM in response to sdsd161

Me too - 8 plus - , wifi and bluetooth greyed out after 13.5.1, tried everything, wiped phone, installed fresh IOS, nothing. Incidentally, local Apple store poorly manages customers, so it feels unsafe in that store, and I can't use the Geniuses to solve the issue. Apple, c'mon, this is ridiculous! You are forcing me into a new phone I do not want. My data won't last forever.

Jun 27, 2020 6:23 AM in response to sdsd161

I too have this problem and I’ve tested it on several devices including (iPad mini 2, iPad Mini 5, iPad Air 2, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone 11, And iPhone Xr). Both an iPhone 7plus and 2 MacBook pros worked without issue... I have 3 wireless routers within my home and all devices are able to connect to the main wireless hub. However, when it comes to the devices transitioning to the other 2 wireless AP’s setup in bridge mode to extend my network (configured with same settings, password, frequencies, channels, ssids, everything) they fail to connect... KEEP IN MIND THIS HAS WORKED FLAWLESSLY FOR 3 YEARS UNTIL UPGRADING TO 13.5.X!!!! Upon standing directly under the bridged AP, I attempt to connect to the same SSID and it refuses, giving me the password incorrect notification no matter how many times I correctly type in the password. I’ve tried resetting the network settings, the device, and lastly the AP and then reconfiguring then with the exact settings to match and it still refuses to work...

with this widespread of a problem, I find it hard to believe Apple is unaware of the problem, and frankly I’m quite surprised on how it’s gone unnoticed. I suppose corporate culture hasn’t been complaining about this given no one has been in the office for months but I would imagine this would wreak havoc on people staying connected to their respective corporate wireless networks as they transition from one AP to another whilst trying to remain in the same Network/SSID... please fix this Apple...

thank you

Jul 1, 2020 12:33 AM in response to sdsd161

The problem appears to be with WPA2 wifi security. I had the same issue until I changed Wi-Fi security on my router to WPA instead of WPA2. WARNING: WPA is a less secure protocol and your iPhone will warn of ‘weak security’ but it’s far better than turning security off totally. It’s a half acceptable fix until Apple fix this.

Jul 1, 2020 11:16 AM in response to sdsd161

I switched to iOS from android because of the software and bloat on android phones but my shift to the iPhone 11 has been decent but what bugs me is the Wi-Fi issues I’ve been having since the past few updates like at this point it’s very frustrating and irritating and my other android phones have no issues with WiFi so Apple please ffs fix this issue

Jul 1, 2020 11:26 AM in response to sdsd161

I have an update on this issue with my iPhone 11

Some of the steps may seem weird but after trying everything I did the following -

I took it to a local Apple store and I connected to their WiFi and BOOM! it connected with no issues after almost a week of not being to connect at.

Then I went to Starbucks and Boom connection was good -

Then I came home before I connected to my network - I decide to once again Reboot my Router via the page provided (I have spectrum) - Rebooted that - then I went into my network and since I had already removed the connection - I reconnected the iPhone as completely new device - BOOM it worked!

It has even worked better than it ever did. Call me crazy but I think something happens when you connect to the Apple WiFi!

I wish I had friend with the same issue so that they could try the same method and see if it works.

Jul 1, 2020 1:55 PM in response to MacTigga

On another note, completely reset my network settings, as well as reload my AP's (as if that was going to do anything), and noticed something interesting whilst standing directly under my secondary AP. my iDevice see's the AP and reads 3 bar signal, however it will not connect as indicated by everyone else in this thread... It will connect to my main hub though once in range... Once connected, it remains connected to the main hub (mind you it's configured with WPA2, the same as all secondary AP's). If I walk back to the secondary AP, it still remains connected to the main hub, which at that point the signal is so faint throughput testing renders an error and states provider out of reach... If I disconnect from the 5ghz network, IOS will read the SSID and indicate the signal is strong (3 bars), given i'm standing directly under the secondary AP. Once I try to reconnect to the 5ghz SSID, it instead connects back to the main hub and starts reading a faint signal (1 bar) again... This is so for all of my iDevices previously mentioned...

Jul 5, 2020 7:39 PM in response to Timeis67

I’ve had the same with my iPhone XS and it’s driving me nuts! I’ve lost count the times I’ve rebooted my router, but I know it’s not my internet provider that’s the problem. Since updating to 13.5 I can now only get a WiFi connection for about 2 minutes and then I have to reset network settings, which will make my WiFi connection work brilliantly for all but 2 minutes and then I have to switch off the WiFi and revert back to my 4G! Please get this investigated Apple!

iOS 13.5.1 WiFi disconnect issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.