Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone only backing up random pics to icloud.

Hi,

for the last two of three months my photos have not really been backing up to icloud from my phone even though it’s set to be automatic. Every once in a while a random one does Save but not all. Is this an easy fix? I have a lot of pics and videos that are important to me. Oh and I have 50gb left on my storage so I don’t think storage is the issue.

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 3:27 PM

If you were using iCloud Photos, then those photos aren't considered part of a backup as they are stored in iCloud. Are you certain you have enough storage for the photos? Is 50GB enough?

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

3 replies

Jun 17, 2020 2:18 AM in response to zinacef

Hi Zinacef,

It's the normal photo app on all iPhones. I have set it up to automatically back up to my iCloud storage. The problem is it will randomly back up a pic from yesterday but not all or from the rest of the month? Very strange. I have never had this problem previous. I have 244 pics that are trying to back up but are stuck for whatever reason. Im pretty sure the 50gb is enough but i will try and make extra space and see if this works. Any other ideas what might be causing this?

Many thanks,

iPhone only backing up random pics to icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.