Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina update made my Mac unenterable

I updated(Catalina) my MacBook air and when i try to enter by writing a password,loading bar stops at 75-80%.I have restarted my MacBook a lot but it did not help me

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:41 AM

Your installation may have gone awry - I hope you have a backup just in case. But it is also possible that there’s something blocking that startup process which we can fix.

The first thing you’ll want to do is restart while holding the shift key - this is a safe mode start. Safe mode runs disk first aid as well as deleting caches and it launches with a minimal set of drivers and extensions and doesn’t launch any applications. Due to the diagnostics it will take longer than normal so don’t think it was another fail when the Finder doesn’t appear in 20 seconds. If the computer does start completely and you get to the Finder try restarting normally and see if that cleared things up.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 6:41 AM in response to byeadeal

Your installation may have gone awry - I hope you have a backup just in case. But it is also possible that there’s something blocking that startup process which we can fix.

The first thing you’ll want to do is restart while holding the shift key - this is a safe mode start. Safe mode runs disk first aid as well as deleting caches and it launches with a minimal set of drivers and extensions and doesn’t launch any applications. Due to the diagnostics it will take longer than normal so don’t think it was another fail when the Finder doesn’t appear in 20 seconds. If the computer does start completely and you get to the Finder try restarting normally and see if that cleared things up.

Catalina update made my Mac unenterable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.