Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro: Magic Keyboard Not Connected

MacBook Pro is used daily. Today, while in use, the screen suddenly informs me that bluetooth keyboard cannot be found.

Using the mouse to open “System Preferences / Keyboard / Set UP Bluetooth Keyboard” the caption states: “Magic Keyboard Not Connected”.

Advice?

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 9:15 AM

nkh wrote:

MacBook Pro is used daily. Today, while in use, the screen suddenly informs me that bluetooth keyboard cannot be found.

Using the mouse to open “System Preferences / Keyboard / Set UP Bluetooth Keyboard” the caption states: “Magic Keyboard Not Connected”.

Advice?

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 9:15 AM in response to nkh

nkh wrote:

Advice?

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working

Jun 17, 2020 10:20 AM in response to nkh

nkh wrote:

Thanks! However... perusing the link you've provided, nothing suggested is helpful!

I was able to log-in to MacBook Pro by hardwiring-in my iMac keyboard. If I logout of the MacBook Pro, it is impossible to enter a log-in password using its own keyboard!

Any help appreciated!

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

if no resolve Try resetting the  SMC  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

If still no progress I would Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Jun 17, 2020 10:49 AM in response to leroydouglas

The problem with the 2 links you've suggested is that accessing them requires a functioning keyboard... that's my complaint!

I could reconnect my iMac keyboard to the MacBook Pro... but that's cumbersome... and I have reservations that either link will solve the problem: MacBook Pro finds no attached keyboard! The MacBook Pro is early 2015 and probably should be replaced.

Thanks!

Jun 17, 2020 10:50 AM in response to nkh

nkh wrote:

The problem with the 2 links you've suggested is that accessing them requires a functioning keyboard... that's my complaint!

I could reconnect my iMac keyboard to the MacBook Pro... but that's cumbersome... and I have reservations that either link will solve the problem: MacBook Pro finds no attached keyboard! The MacBook Pro is early 2015 and probably should be replaced.

Thanks!

I am sorry — I thought I included : If still no progress I would Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

MacBook Pro: Magic Keyboard Not Connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.