Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR: Tapping a notification doesn't open up instantly anymore

Hi. I had a problem with my phone yesterday, and apple care had me reset all my settings. *sigh* Now, when I tap on a single notification, it doesn't up instantly, rather "open" appears on the left side. This is for single notifications. Where is the setting to change this?

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 10:02 AM

Okay weird thing... my face ID and passcode were working after the "Reset All Settings". However, when I went into the settings for Face ID & Passcode, it showed as neither were set up. It asked me to set it up and to create a passcode. Once I set both of these, when I tap on the notifications now, it goes directly to the the app. So make sure these things are set if you are having this issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 10:02 AM in response to SunshineDi

Okay weird thing... my face ID and passcode were working after the "Reset All Settings". However, when I went into the settings for Face ID & Passcode, it showed as neither were set up. It asked me to set it up and to create a passcode. Once I set both of these, when I tap on the notifications now, it goes directly to the the app. So make sure these things are set if you are having this issue.

iPhone XR: Tapping a notification doesn't open up instantly anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.