Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air to 2011 iMac dual monitor setup

Want to setup dual monitor from Air to iMac; looks like I need a thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 cable? Will that enable me to setup dual monitor? It's a pricey cable, so .....

thanks for the info in advance....(if this is the way to do it).

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 11:00 AM

Should be OK Gloria...

Target display mode requires macOS High Sierra or earlier on the iMac used as the external display. It does not work with macOS Mojave or later.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 11:00 AM in response to gloriafromdearborn

Should be OK Gloria...

Target display mode requires macOS High Sierra or earlier on the iMac used as the external display. It does not work with macOS Mojave or later.

Jun 19, 2020 4:46 AM in response to BDAqua

Hmmm. That's what I thought; and that's one expensive adapter...=0.

But thanks. Here's another "glitch" I've encountered.. I've looked to update that 2011 iMac 12,1 as it is software version 10.6.8. I've read it can be updated to High Sierra 10.13.6. The browsers are currently out of date and aren't supported. Now, I've run software update to do that; but that little guy in the computer tells me I can't. (LOL)

Does this make sense to you? That's my holdup. Am I missing something here?

Thanks =)

MacBook Air to 2011 iMac dual monitor setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.