Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chrome Browser as default on iPad Pro

My company uses a number of services that are optimized for Chrome so when they send me a link to my email that I need to open, when it goes automatically to Safari, I get a message that Safari is not responding. I can then go to my ThinkPad and click on the same link and since Chrome is my default browser, it opens cleanly.

Is there anyway to make Chrome the default browser in iPad Pro, or at the very least give one the choice as to which browser to use to open certain links.

Thanks.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 10:42 AM

At present, iOS/iPadOS does not allow you to select non-native default Apps. Embedded links will open in Safari.

However, you can use the Share Sheet to open a link in a different installed browser. To to do so, touch-and-hold an embedded link; an action menu will appear. From the menu, tap the Share option - and from the Share Sheet, select the installed browser App of your choice (such as Chrome or Firefox) from the displayed App icons.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 10:42 AM in response to Linda0624

At present, iOS/iPadOS does not allow you to select non-native default Apps. Embedded links will open in Safari.

However, you can use the Share Sheet to open a link in a different installed browser. To to do so, touch-and-hold an embedded link; an action menu will appear. From the menu, tap the Share option - and from the Share Sheet, select the installed browser App of your choice (such as Chrome or Firefox) from the displayed App icons.

Chrome Browser as default on iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.