Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting WMA files using Music

I've tried converting wma (windows media) according to the document I found on this site, sorry don't have the link now, but it did't work. The article said that it would on a PC with iTunes. This really sucks that I can't do it on my Mac with the Music App. I have a ton of wma songs I'd like to convert to mp3 or other file acceptable to Music app. I do have a PC and could load iTunes, but it would be a pain, I just put a bunch of music on my Mac, most of which were ripped with a PC before I got a Mac and most are wma format.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 4:54 PM

iTunes for Windows has (or had) that ability, and it made use of the fact that Windows Media Player was available on the machine. iTunes for Mac never did, and of course neither does Music.

You can seek out a 3rd party app that can do the conversion. EasyWMA used to be a popular one. BTW, I hope you are dealing with unprotected WMA files, otherwise you are out of luck.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 4:54 PM in response to flynjimfromboise

iTunes for Windows has (or had) that ability, and it made use of the fact that Windows Media Player was available on the machine. iTunes for Mac never did, and of course neither does Music.

You can seek out a 3rd party app that can do the conversion. EasyWMA used to be a popular one. BTW, I hope you are dealing with unprotected WMA files, otherwise you are out of luck.

Converting WMA files using Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.