Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2 cover or keyboard

So - it seems my Pad Pro 12.9-inch (1st and 2nd generation) will only work with the Smart Cover for iPad Pro 12.9-inch and the Leather Smart Cover for iPad Pro 12.9-inch. WHICH ARE TOTALLY UNAVAILABLE AND OUT OF PRODUCTION!

can anyone tell me what the difference/s are between the newer Smart Cover that suits 3rd and 4th gen 12.9 inch iPad Pro and my old 2nd gen?

is it just something cosmetic? Why won’t it work? Why does Apple not make their accessories compatible (just for a 3 year old product?)

Will they break my old iPad?

i am REALLY annoyed that I can’t buy a keyboard or even just a cover?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2020 7:13 PM

Hello,

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st & 2nd generation) and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd & 4th generation) have a completely different form factor. There is nearly no identical characteristics. Your iPad is completely incompatible with the newer Smart Cover and Smart Keyboard. You can find older accessories on websites such as eBay.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2020 7:13 PM in response to 5starl

Hello,

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st & 2nd generation) and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd & 4th generation) have a completely different form factor. There is nearly no identical characteristics. Your iPad is completely incompatible with the newer Smart Cover and Smart Keyboard. You can find older accessories on websites such as eBay.

iPad Pro 12.9 gen 2 cover or keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.