Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a way to just disable the trackpad?

My trackpad seems to be intermittently stuck. What happens is that the mouse pointer jitters and moves up the screen. It continues to jitter at the top of the screen so my screen saver never comes on.

I have an external trackball and trackpad so I don't need the built in track pad. Is there a way to simply disable it?

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 6:19 AM

Hello darrrylwest,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that your trackpad is not working. I can certainly help you with this!

These articles will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with your Mac as expected

Change Mouse & Trackpad preferences for accessibility on Mac

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 6:19 AM in response to darrrylwest

Hello darrrylwest,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your question that your trackpad is not working. I can certainly help you with this!

These articles will be a good resource for you. It will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve the question.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad isn't working with your Mac as expected

Change Mouse & Trackpad preferences for accessibility on Mac

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

is there a way to just disable the trackpad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.