Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS reinstall

I was playing around with my computer(Macbook Air, 2013)and did a partition, just to see if i could. It worked, and i decided to wipe my drive. I went into recovery, and erased both my HD and the partition, thinking that would get ride of it.

When i went to reinstall the macOS, my HD would not show up. I bought a 64GB usb and installed catalina on it, but when i boot it up, it stays on a full loading bar. I have left it for three days before, and it will not go past it.

I have erased and reformatted to APFS, and no luck. I tried to mount my HD which is now showing up as disk2 and it gave me an error i had never seen. My HD is Mac OS Extended. Diskos4 is my WIndows partition which has no OS on it either. Just want to get either working.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 5:09 PM

I am assuming that you dont have any data on the Macbook anymore since you deleted it already. If not consider that this will delete your whole drive!

Boot to mac os recovery again (if you have the time with opt+cmd+r) then select Disk Utility.

Select View (on top) then something like "Show All devices".

Then select on the left "Apple SSD .... " and erase that. (APFS - GUID partition-table; And Give it a Name ^^)

Go back and then continue with reinstalling MacOS on it.

This time it should work. And if it shows 3 hours again, just wait for at least 30 minutes anyway. For my last reinstall it took 5hours and I dont know why, but it worked.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2020 5:09 PM in response to Macstuffs

I am assuming that you dont have any data on the Macbook anymore since you deleted it already. If not consider that this will delete your whole drive!

Boot to mac os recovery again (if you have the time with opt+cmd+r) then select Disk Utility.

Select View (on top) then something like "Show All devices".

Then select on the left "Apple SSD .... " and erase that. (APFS - GUID partition-table; And Give it a Name ^^)

Go back and then continue with reinstalling MacOS on it.

This time it should work. And if it shows 3 hours again, just wait for at least 30 minutes anyway. For my last reinstall it took 5hours and I dont know why, but it worked.

Hope this helps,

Sam

MacOS reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.