Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had 2 IDs. Deleted 1 and would like to rename the other to the deleted ID email. Is that possible?

I ended up with 2 apple IDs - one under my personal email (which I never used) and one under by work email which is the one I used. I am retiring so moving everything over to my personal email. Since you cannot merge accounts, I deleted the Apple ID under my personal email (since it had nothing on it). Now I want to change the email associated with my other Apple ID (currently under my work email). However, I get the message that the email address is already being used (it was the one I deleted yesterday).

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2020 5:58 AM

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2020 5:58 AM in response to Dsmiley56

There have been posts by people who have contacted Apple Support and they were told that if you delete an ID associated with an email address, you can never reuse the email address for an Apple ID.  I have also seen posts that stated Apple told them there was a 30 day waiting period before the address could be used again.You will need to get another e-mail address to use as your Apple ID or you can try waiting 30 days to see if that works.

Jun 19, 2020 5:04 AM in response to Dsmiley56

Maybe the one you are trying to use has a connection with your deleted one. In this regard, you can't reuse an email address that was previously been associated with an Apple ID in any way until an uncertain period has passed--sometimes reputed to be 30 day and sometimes 1 year. Also, I have seen that you never can use such an email address again. The last two times I saw a wait period claimed it was said to be “up to 30 days.” You can contact Apple support to check out the currently quoted wait period. 

You can get Apple telephone support for help using this link https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362 Be patient sometimes Apple support is closed to immediate phone support.

Had 2 IDs. Deleted 1 and would like to rename the other to the deleted ID email. Is that possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.