Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crackling Sound in the 2019 macbook pro speaker

I bought this mac in September 2019 and it was working fine. Suddenly 4 months back, the crackling sounds started from the left speaker. The noise is not there when external audio device is used.

Any comments on this?

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 11:59 PM

amandeep242 Said:

"I bought this mac in September 2019 and it was working fine. Suddenly 4 months back, the crackling sounds started from the left speaker. The noise is not there when external audio device is used. Any comments on this?"

-------

Get this Serviced, ASAP!:

If this was purchased from Apple back in September, then I insist you get this serviced, especially if no AppleCare protection was purchased with this.

It may be a hardware issue. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if this can be worked on.

Without AppleCare protection on this, the out-of-the-box warranty is due to expire in only three or so months from now, as of this reply.

Contact Apple Support:

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2020 11:59 PM in response to amandeep242

amandeep242 Said:

"I bought this mac in September 2019 and it was working fine. Suddenly 4 months back, the crackling sounds started from the left speaker. The noise is not there when external audio device is used. Any comments on this?"

-------

Get this Serviced, ASAP!:

If this was purchased from Apple back in September, then I insist you get this serviced, especially if no AppleCare protection was purchased with this.

It may be a hardware issue. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited-warranty with this. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if this can be worked on.

Without AppleCare protection on this, the out-of-the-box warranty is due to expire in only three or so months from now, as of this reply.

Contact Apple Support:

Jun 25, 2020 2:45 AM in response to amandeep242

amandeep242 Said:

Thanks for the reply~ I think, I have to contact the apple store. Thank you for the suggestion.

———-

You are welcome.

Note that due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, many Apple Stores are closed at the moment, which still have yet to open up. I would go with Send-In Service.

So, From Here, Contact Apple Support:

1. Contact Us - Choose Locations
  2. USA: 1(800)MY-APPLE
  3. Proceed from there as Necessary

Request to Either:

A. Setup: A Genius Bar Appointment, at your local Apple Store.

Or

B. Setup: Send-In Service...

1. Contact: Apple Support
  2. Apple: would mail you a box
  3. You: would ship it out to Apple
  4. Apple's Techs: will Look at it
  5. If approved, Apple's Techs: will fix it or give you a fixed or new device.

Crackling Sound in the 2019 macbook pro speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.