Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote "record" greyed out

I'm trying to record a VoiceOver narration on my Mac in Keynote. Under the Audio tab, the record button is greyed out. If I try to select "record presentation" from the Play menu, it is also greyed out. I can select "media" and record an audio file, but that is only for the slide I'm on and it doesn't advance through the slide deck. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 11:50 AM

• go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sound > Input and select the microphone you will be using
  • open a new blank presentation in Keynote and make a short recording
  • if that works, clear the recording (Play > Clear Recording) the drag the slides from the Navigator of the original presentation on to the Navigator of the blank presentation (the Navigator is the side panel to the left of the slide)
  • then make a new recording.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 11:50 AM in response to SkepticalMom

• go to Apple Menu > System Preferences > Sound > Input and select the microphone you will be using
  • open a new blank presentation in Keynote and make a short recording
  • if that works, clear the recording (Play > Clear Recording) the drag the slides from the Navigator of the original presentation on to the Navigator of the blank presentation (the Navigator is the side panel to the left of the slide)
  • then make a new recording.

Keynote "record" greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.