Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Keyboard heat

Is it normal for the MacBook Air to get hot at the top of the keyboard near the screen? I just got it so it is new and I don’t know if it’s normal.

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 3:02 PM

I am assuming it is the 2020 MacBook Air. The processor resides in that area that you mentioned in your post. You also stated that you just got your MacBook Air. The processor is, more than likely, busy with the initial setup and spotlight indexing etc. Yes it is normal to feel some warmth in that area. Keep an eye on it as you use it. Things should normalize once you begin using the MacBook Air on a regular basis.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 3:02 PM in response to zelaznoG2170

I am assuming it is the 2020 MacBook Air. The processor resides in that area that you mentioned in your post. You also stated that you just got your MacBook Air. The processor is, more than likely, busy with the initial setup and spotlight indexing etc. Yes it is normal to feel some warmth in that area. Keep an eye on it as you use it. Things should normalize once you begin using the MacBook Air on a regular basis.

Axel F.

MacBook Air Keyboard heat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.