You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPAD Pro 11" 2018 battery issue after 13.5.1

I updated the iPad Pro to 13.5.1 on 6/12 and charged it to 100%.

I then turned the iPad off (completely powered off) and put it away.

I turned it on today only to find the battery completely drained. This never happened before. Worked perfectly fine before the 13.5.1 update.

I have another iPad Pro 10.5" that I updated to 13.5.1 on the same day and also turned off in the same manner. Turned on today it has 100% charge.

I downloaded a battery app onto the problematic iPad and it tells me that the charge capacity is 7812 mAh, which is per specs the full capacity.

I recharged it fully and it seems to be loosing 1% of capacity per 2-3 minutes of screen use (just open screen with Settings on, no intensive apps being used).

This seems like a software issue to me.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Settings on the problematic iPad Pro are the same as on the nonproblematic one, no difference in background updates, apps on it and the like.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 4:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 7:32 PM

You can also go to Settings/Battery and see battery usage by app.

Sometimes there is a problematic issue with an app that causes an issue. If so, you can shutdown/update/delete the app, depending on how useful the app is to you.

Similar questions

3 replies

iPAD Pro 11" 2018 battery issue after 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.