Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X black blob on screen

So I have an iPhone X that I received from a friend. All of a sudden a black blob started growing at the top right corner of the screen. My friend has kept it in nice otter box case all her life and never has dropped it. The iPhone has a limited warranty for 2 more years. Will Apple include this screen defect under the warranty?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2020 10:10 PM

If the black blob is caused by a manufacturers defect then it would be covered. You don't have to drop the phone in water to expose it to moisture. And that kind of damage can also be caused by flexing the screen when removing a case. Click on the Contact Support link at the top right of this page to start the service process.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2020 10:10 PM in response to cadenm1223

If the black blob is caused by a manufacturers defect then it would be covered. You don't have to drop the phone in water to expose it to moisture. And that kind of damage can also be caused by flexing the screen when removing a case. Click on the Contact Support link at the top right of this page to start the service process.

iPhone X black blob on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.