Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple USB-C Digital AV Adaptador Multiport. Can I connect a Roland UM-1 USB/MIDI to this unit for sending MIDI PC and CC messages to guitar effects units from iPad Pro 12.9", 2020?

I am a a musician .Upgrading my music stand unit from iPad Air (Lightning Connector) to a new 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" (Thunderbolt connector). I run Onsong to send MIDI PC and CC messages to guitar processor units.

Can I connect Apple Apple USB-C Digital AV Adaptor Multiport to the iPad Pro and run a Roland UM-1 USM/MIDI adapter from the USB socket on the Multiport to send my MIDI signals? Thanks for any guidance.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 5:57 PM

Hello,

Firstly you would need to verify with Roland if this device supports iPad. Secondly, iPad does not have a Thunderbolt port. While Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C share the same socket size, they are two entirely different technologies.

2 replies

Apple USB-C Digital AV Adaptador Multiport. Can I connect a Roland UM-1 USB/MIDI to this unit for sending MIDI PC and CC messages to guitar effects units from iPad Pro 12.9", 2020?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.