Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do AirDrop photos land when transferred?

When I use AirDrop from my phone to my Macbook Air, the photos land in the Downloads folder, not the Photos app. I tried dragging one over; it simply didn't appear. I tried Move To --> I couldn't find the Photos Library. How can I fix this so that AirDrop photos go in the Photos app?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 8:55 PM

3 replies

Jun 22, 2020 9:49 AM in response to zellie8

You can select several Air dropped photos at once and drag them together to the Photos icon. Select the first photo, hold down the Shift key, select the last photo. This will select a range of files.

I don't see a way to send directly to the Photos.app, if you air drop to yourself on a Mac:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you imported photos to Photos, they should show up in the Imports album. Don't you see them there?

Jun 22, 2020 6:15 AM in response to léonie

Thanks Leonie! I have a few follow up questions: 1) I’d like to use AirDrop to transfer over large-ish sets of photos. I won’t have to drag and drop one by one, right? How to drag all? 2) is there a way to set up AirDrop so that it drops the photos automatically into the Photos app? 3) I DID actually drag the photos already into Photos, but I cannot find them there. Where should I look to find the photos I dragged over?

Where do AirDrop photos land when transferred?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.