Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone SE ignores songs metadata and puts them in alphabetical order

Iphone puts my albums in alphabetical order and thats nice but the problem is, it also puts all the songs within the albums the same way. That happens with every other player I tried. Iphone seems to totally ignore both the numbers in the titles of my mp3 files and the embedded track numbers in the file properties. Any ideas? Halp! Super annoying!

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:11 AM

Hi Eternalsquirrel,

Thanks for the response. We see your device is not being recognized in iTunes, and is asking to restore the device. If the issue is happening across separate programs, reinstalling the iOS may not be relevant. We suggest you reach out to the developer of the third-party software you are using. If you need assistance with your device not being recognized, refer to the articles below.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 7:11 AM in response to Eternalsquirrel

Hi Eternalsquirrel,

Thanks for the response. We see your device is not being recognized in iTunes, and is asking to restore the device. If the issue is happening across separate programs, reinstalling the iOS may not be relevant. We suggest you reach out to the developer of the third-party software you are using. If you need assistance with your device not being recognized, refer to the articles below.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2020 11:30 AM in response to Eternalsquirrel

Hi Eternalsquirrel,

It looks like no one has responded to your question. Here are a couple things that might help others answer your question:

Are you importing these songs from iTunes? Are the songs originally from CDs or imported from elsewhere? Where are you viewing the music on your iPhone? Finally, do the songs show in the correct order prior to importing them?

Take care!

Jul 24, 2020 6:30 AM in response to jessed39

Hi and thanks for the reply jessed!

I import everything through 3uTools and imazing 3rd party software. My itunes says my iphone is not readable in some way, it want's me to restore it to factory settings... Not gonna do that.

The songs don't show in the proper order either in either one of the programs I'm using. Is it worth reinstalling my IOS?

Thanks

My iphone SE ignores songs metadata and puts them in alphabetical order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.