Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Title Not Syncing

My album titles are syncing to my iPhone 11 Pro Max from the Music app on my iMac. This same questions was posed in 2017 and the last reply was in 2018 with no remedy. Is anyone else still having this same issue and does anyone know how to fix this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:51 PM

It happens will all albums. I keep my music in a separate folder from my iTunes folder. Each song I own has been edited for sound and dead air clipped. I edit the info for each song in iTunes. My phone has the current update. I'm not sure if you'd say my issue is fixed, but the albums are now showing up on my phone. I was either syncing from 'Music' or a specific playlist, or just dragging music from the folder on my computer directly to my phone once selected in iTunes. This was not syncing the albums. So I decided to try and get the music onto my phone in different ways. Once I had the songs I wanted on my phone in iTunes, I dragged 'songs' at the left into 'Matthews iPhone' at the left and the albums synced just fine. It also worked when I selected all songs and added them from the Song menu and Add To Device.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Lori_G7

It happens will all albums. I keep my music in a separate folder from my iTunes folder. Each song I own has been edited for sound and dead air clipped. I edit the info for each song in iTunes. My phone has the current update. I'm not sure if you'd say my issue is fixed, but the albums are now showing up on my phone. I was either syncing from 'Music' or a specific playlist, or just dragging music from the folder on my computer directly to my phone once selected in iTunes. This was not syncing the albums. So I decided to try and get the music onto my phone in different ways. Once I had the songs I wanted on my phone in iTunes, I dragged 'songs' at the left into 'Matthews iPhone' at the left and the albums synced just fine. It also worked when I selected all songs and added them from the Song menu and Add To Device.

Jun 28, 2020 12:30 PM in response to Milehimatt

Hi Milehimatt, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

From your post, it would appear that you are having an issue with the Album title not syncing correctly. Some Album titles are showing up with an  “unknown album” title.  We want to help. Does this happen with all Albums or only some? Were these albums purchased in the iTunes Store? If so, are you able to delete them and download them again from your iPhone? 

Is your iPhone updated? If not, updating would be a great next step. It’s a good idea to back up your iPhone before updating. 

Here’s How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Here’s how to: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

Hope that helps. Reach back out with any questions. 

Best Regards! 

Album Title Not Syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.