Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Music song progress bar is missing

I updated my iPhone 7 last week, and when I did, the progress bar of a song is no longer visible. I used to be able to see the time length of a song playing and a progress bar showing where I was in the song. Now when I tap on the song that's playing, I no longer see either, but instead see a list of songs that are about to play.

In the attached image, you can see the current song selected (not playing, but paused - it looks the same when it's playing). This is all I see. Only a volume bar and player controls. The progress bar is missing as well as the length of the song being displayed.

Anybody experiencing the same problem or does anybody have a solution?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Hello Tabird,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking to see the progress bar for your currently playing song in Apple Music. I’m happy to help.

You’ll want to tap the “Up Next” option in the lower right hand corner (the icon with three lines). If that button isn’t highlighted, you should be able to see the progress of the current song.

You can read more about the Up Next queen below:

Add music to your queue to play next - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2019 9:08 AM in response to Tabird

Hello Tabird,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking to see the progress bar for your currently playing song in Apple Music. I’m happy to help.

You’ll want to tap the “Up Next” option in the lower right hand corner (the icon with three lines). If that button isn’t highlighted, you should be able to see the progress of the current song.

You can read more about the Up Next queen below:

Add music to your queue to play next - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day.

iTunes Music song progress bar is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.