Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook keyboard cover

Hello someone told me here that it is bad to use keyboard cover (i think it is rubber, very thin and transparent) to my Macbook Pro 2019 13 inch since it might damage my retina screen when closed and I believe him since he sent me a link from apple itself, but may I use my keyboard cover while just typing and then remove it when I will close my mac already?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 10:21 AM

Seems unnecessary to me. Why would you want to use such a device?

Do not use palm rest or keycap covers on a Mac notebook with a Retina display - Apple Support

5 replies

Jun 22, 2020 10:43 AM in response to Elizalde_06

In your other thread I advised against using any keyboard cover and I thought that was enough. However, here's another reason: Most notebook computers allow some heat to dissipate through the keyboard. A skin/cover stops that. Notebooks run hot enough without handing them a blanket.

It is your computer and you need to weight risks v. benefits and proceed from there.

macbook keyboard cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.