Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina overwrites iPhone backups

Everything I've read seems to state that Catalina does not overwrite Finder based iPhone backups. However, when I backup my iPhone, I only see one backup in "Manage Backups..." which is the latest backup that I have made. I've checked the backup location as well, and only see one backup there as well. I don't see any settings to archive or keep multiple backups. I have plenty of storage space to keep multiple backups. My phone had a problem recently and I tried to reset and restore, but it said my backup was corrupted, so I want to be able to keep multiple backups just in case. How can I enable multiple backups?

macOS Catalina 10.15.5

iOS 13.5.1

iPhone XS

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 2:24 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 25, 2020 4:42 PM in response to DLGPilot

Hey there, DLGPilot.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are unable to locate previous iPhone backups on your Mac. We can understand how this would be concerning.

To confirm, have you tried to locate your backups using the following steps?

“To find a list of your backups:

1. Click the magnifier icon  in the menu bar.
  2. Type or copy and paste this: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  3. Press Return.“ Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If so, is it possible that you may have archived the missing backups?

All the best. 

macOS Catalina overwrites iPhone backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.