Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

***Apple TV 4k Pre-purchase Question***

I have a Sony 4K TV which I'm very happy with. Unfortunately Sony don't support it's Apps as they now concentrate on their android TV's etc.

I have decided to get myself an Apple TV box purely for its apps so that I can stream Netflix, Stan, Apple TV+, Disney+, Amazon Video etc. I live in Australia and I believe we have access to some 18 streaming services all up.

1. As I'm only streaming is the 32gig version sufficient or should I get the 64gig.
  2. I've heard rumours that Apple might be upgrading the TV (eg TVOS 14). Should I wait or if only wanting steaming go with current model which was released I believe in 2017.

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 5:39 PM

I've always bought the smallest memory size and never had a problem with streaming. If you are playing lots of games, it might be different.

Apple is upgrading the operating system for the ATV to tvOS 14. Both of the currently available models will support it. Apple hasn't introduced new ATV hardware very frequently.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2020 5:39 PM in response to markfromdundas

I've always bought the smallest memory size and never had a problem with streaming. If you are playing lots of games, it might be different.

Apple is upgrading the operating system for the ATV to tvOS 14. Both of the currently available models will support it. Apple hasn't introduced new ATV hardware very frequently.

***Apple TV 4k Pre-purchase Question***

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.