Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS El Capitan v10.11.6 upgrade to OS Mojave 10.14.16

I have a Mac Air (mid 2013) current OS El Capitan v10.11.6 and want to upgrade to OS Mojave 10.14.16. I have read a previous post circa 2018 which advised to download Mojave via the App Store. The App Store is now different and does seem to have link to Mojave. I have found another route to do this but it results in an error message stating the 'download file is corrupted'. I also have a Mojave download file on USB which I have used successfully on another Mac updating from High Sierra but when I tried on this computer got the same error message. Ideas/suggestions please.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:33 AM

Please look into Applications folder you will find a copy of mojave (Install MacOS or similar name) and definitely not your current OS.

If none of these work to update then creating a USB bootable would be the one of the solutions.

6 replies

Jun 23, 2020 2:59 AM in response to Sharhari

Thanks for suggestions. I found the following results:

Both links ended up at an App Store with an 'OPEN' tab in the top left corner of the window. When tried to open the link the follow error message was displayed - 'This copy of the Install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can‘t be used to install macOS'. This is the same as I have tried previously.

Thanks anyway.

Jun 23, 2020 3:23 AM in response to Sharhari

I only use Safari, no other browsers on the computer. There was a Mojave install file in Downloads (I had loaded it previously from USB) and deleted it. This mad e no difference. When you say 'it already detected a copy of macOS which I need to trash' do you mean the El Capitan OS which is the current computer operating system? I am not tech savvy but if I trashed the current OS would the computer not work. Are you may be talking about creating a boot file/disc?

Sorry if I am misunderstanding.

OS El Capitan v10.11.6 upgrade to OS Mojave 10.14.16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.