Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to Mojave (Damaged File)

I am trying to upgrad my 2017 MacBook Air to Mojave (10.14) so I can then hopefully get the 10.14.6 version... But I cannot find the 10.14 version and when I tried to open the 10.14.6 version I was able to download from some link or another, it said it was only to upgrade from 10.14... In the Apple store for Mojave an error comes up saying it is a damaged file or something to that effect and therefore cannot be used to install Mojave.

Any work arounds!!???

Much appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 6:22 PM

The macOS 10.14 Mojave installer is not downloaded as a .dmg file. Any such downloads from Apple are just the macOS update patches & security updates and not the full installer.

You can find links to various macOS installers within this Apple article which also includes optional instructions for creating a bootable macOS USB installer:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

I do recommend creating the bootable macOS USB installer as it gives you more options in case something goes wrong during the upgrade.

Make sure to have a good backup before attempting to upgrade macOS just in case something goes wrong.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2022 6:22 PM in response to lorenajazmin

The macOS 10.14 Mojave installer is not downloaded as a .dmg file. Any such downloads from Apple are just the macOS update patches & security updates and not the full installer.

You can find links to various macOS installers within this Apple article which also includes optional instructions for creating a bootable macOS USB installer:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

I do recommend creating the bootable macOS USB installer as it gives you more options in case something goes wrong during the upgrade.

Make sure to have a good backup before attempting to upgrade macOS just in case something goes wrong.

Jul 10, 2022 6:55 AM in response to HWTech

I managed to muddle along, downloading upgrade somewhere that as 6+GB and showed as damaged at first, somewhere I saw reference to changing the date to between 2018 and 2021, and the damaged message disappeared... Looks like a successful upgrade!!!

Took lots of offloading programs, files, etc to external drive.

Even though I bought the 50GB apple cloud option, still getting pesky error messages that this is full and cannot back up photos, though I have not used by a fraction, the less than 5G that came for free.

Other than that things seem to be working!

Thank you for input!

Upgrading to Mojave (Damaged File)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.