Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Keyboard not working sometimes.

So I was gifted a Macbook Air a few months ago (around January 2020). It was working fine until around May when I put my screen down as usual when I go to have small breaks, but when I came back, I lifted my screen and logged in via Touch ID. Then here comes the issue. It isn't responding. The display is fine, the keyboard and trackpad arent't - I connected my bluetooth mouse and that didn't work either, though it did come up with the "connected" symbol. Then the pop-up came saying that there wasn't a wireless keyboard connected, which makes no sense as this only happens sometimes when I wake my computer up. Come June, I have to restart my entire laptop just to get the keyboard and mouse working, losing all of my files I worked on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 5:26 AM

Hi,

If your MacBook Air is MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019), Apple offers Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro.

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Keyboard not working sometimes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.