Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining while charging Catalina

So my macbook pro 13 touch bar 2016 model is somehow losing battery percentages even while it's charging right now.

So i tried to restard machine, no apps are running, and my battery is still going down on percentages.

I'm not sure what kind of update of OS was that, but this wasn't happening before, never ever.

My machine is out of warranty, and i'm not gonna reser smc every day.

What should i do instead of going to apple shop and pay hundreads for problem that came out of nowhere?

I can see full google/forums about this issue.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 7:36 AM

Please refer to My battery isn't charging.

Excerpt:

Confirm the correct wattage AC adapter for your computer. A power adapter rated for a lower wattage than is required for the system might not charge the computer reliably. If you're not sure which power adapter to use with your computer, learn how to find the right power adapter and cord for your Mac notebook.

Note that the correct power adapter and cord are required.

For more help, find out what to do if your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook. If issues persist, reset the SMC

From that Apple Support document,

Get your Mac notebook and power supply evaluated

Whether your Mac notebook with USB-C is in or out of warranty, you can bring it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for evaluation. Be sure to bring your Mac, your USB-C power adapter and any USB-C cables you use for charging.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2020 7:36 AM in response to P.Potoczky

Please refer to My battery isn't charging.

Excerpt:

Confirm the correct wattage AC adapter for your computer. A power adapter rated for a lower wattage than is required for the system might not charge the computer reliably. If you're not sure which power adapter to use with your computer, learn how to find the right power adapter and cord for your Mac notebook.

Note that the correct power adapter and cord are required.

For more help, find out what to do if your USB-C power adapter isn't charging your Mac notebook. If issues persist, reset the SMC

From that Apple Support document,

Get your Mac notebook and power supply evaluated

Whether your Mac notebook with USB-C is in or out of warranty, you can bring it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for evaluation. Be sure to bring your Mac, your USB-C power adapter and any USB-C cables you use for charging.

Battery draining while charging Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.