Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync too slow, how to undo?

I bought a new computer and tried to send my files to the new computer via the iCloud.

I foolishly dumped a bunch on the iCloud drive. What I saw happen was my files dissapeared from my old computer and the iCloud drive started to show sync icons.

Where did my files go? This sync has taken more than 4 days, and I want to try something else?

All my files are not on my old computer and they are not on iCloud drive. Where are they? I want to stop this process and put the files back and try something more robust.

I suspect there are temporary files someplace identifying my files to be moved, but how to stop and reverse this.

I'm more than willing to move what has been moved to iCloud and move the rest in another fasion. But how to stop the process and recover the "Unsync'd" data?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Do you know if you happened to turn on Desktop and Documents - Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support?

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud sync too slow, how to undo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.